Tuesday 1 May 2012

First blog entry


I decided that a good start would probably be to tell you something about myself.

My name is Paulina.  Originally from Poland, I'm now residing in Ireland.
Since last year I've becomed obsessed with jewellery making.
I have always been artistically inclined, and I really enjoy working with my hands.
Beading and soutache technique are such a infinitely variable art form. You can use many different textures, as well as the colours and shapes. This is one of the things that make soutache such a potentially powerful technique.
Usually I haven't got precise plan for my jewellery...I tried many times...never worked.
I only know what I want to do and everything else ( composition, colours, shapes...) all of it is being realised after I started to make it.
I have nearly limitless resources, which makes designing such a fun adventure.
For me Inspiration lives between the two spaces of unreality and perfection. I get my inspiration from many different sources, but most of time I am inspired by colours of the natural world, also I get inspiration from clothes designs.
Sometimes I start one project, only to be distracted by something else, that's only because i got a  head  full with ideas.
But... enough for a first blog entry. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment